7/8/08

Weekend Biathlon Triathlon


Lenore and I did a Laura-style biathlon on Friday so she would be sufficiently tuckered out for her long plane ride. It was a Laura Double Hill Latte: 14 mile bike ride followed by 2 large hills to a latte at Starbucks. Here's the double hill, which if course is much steeper in real life.



Later that same weekend, I decided to try a triathlon, also of my own design:
Leg 1: Cutting the grass, weeding and transplanting hostas


Leg 2: 14-mile bike ride with Roland

Leg 3: Cherry picking with Roland and a second bike ride to my
folks' for dinner (and cherry pitting).



All in all, exhausting, but I made good time. Especially on the ride since I drafted off of Roland almost the whole time, but not because I was lazy, because HE showed up on his road bike and I had my mountain bike so it was only fair. With the wind at our backs, we averaged about 20 mph coming home. Sweet!

Bonus picture: Lenore's Latvian breakfast of champions

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness only the Internet is broken in Latvia and not the stoves...Pat

    ReplyDelete