
I made the mistake at work of talking up my long dormant but wicked cool stunt kite before assessing its condition. Turns out a key component had been lost, which necessitated a rather drawn out internet search for a kite company who could help me replace "that one short stick that holds the wing part off of the crossbeam thingee."

At long last, I found someone with patience at a place called Into the Wind and got the part ordered. Other places, not so helpful. You would think people who fly kites would be a little more customer oriented for godssakes. The spar only comes in 48" piece (I only need about 10"), so my dad helped with the cutting and filing. I'm happy to report the repair worked and, despite inconsistent wind gusts, the thing actually flew pretty well. I also learned it's pretty much impossible to take a picture and fly a 2-line kite at the same time. Good to know.
Later that same day...Jesse and I flew at lunch, but there was a tragic crash, resulting in another call to the kite store for more parts. I'm now on a first-name basis with Nate, the parts guy. I love small businesses. Especially in Boulder, CO. If you're in the market for a kite, I recommend Into the Wind.
In other news, my co worker, Hua, was frightened by some organic eggs she bought because they all had two yolks. So she gave them to me. They were delicious.
No comments:
Post a Comment