7/2/08

A Chair of Bowlies


I thought we needed some documentation of all the cherry picking that's been going on around here. Here are some action photos of cherries ripening, being harvested, and then the fruits of our labor. My migrant worker has already gone on strike, so this may be it for the harvest, unless I can bribe her with pie.

These photos do not do justice to how gorgeous the cherries look on my tree this year.




"Yes" is the answer to "Wait, do these sweats make my ass look huge?" Sadly, I didn't ask the question 'til after the photo was taken. Oh well.


The high-tech process of pitting cherries with bobby pins.



I meant to take a picture before we dug into this cherry crisp, but we were in too much of a dessert frenzy.




More fruits of our labor: sour cherry freezer jam -- it is the BEST.


And I got to use this interesting rummage sale spoon in the process, which made me happy.

3 comments:

  1. I'm going on strike due to the mosquitoes and late hours, but the fire flies are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the interesting garage sale tool is actually for folding. Or at least that's what Mom told me.... I would use it to fold the cheesecake batter together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joules, you can borrow my folding spoon anytime if you will share the cheesecake with me!

    ReplyDelete