1/8/08

Speaking of Pie...


OK, maybe we weren't, but there's always the potential in my book. Especially with the prospect of a new PIE SHOP (!!) opening up in town. We were first introduced to Arlene's to-die-for pies at the summer Farmer's Market. Don't let her teeny stature fool you, this woman knows her way around a pie crust! I had suggested she name her shop Sweeney Todd's, but she opted for a more kitchen-themed moniker. Understandable I suppose. As an added bonus, the other tenant in the building is a gun shop, so it's really one-stop shopping if you're in full PMS mode. So anyway, I'm psyched, though a little worried about what this could do to the size of my butt. As it is, with the new IL smoking ban in effect, Lenore and I can now enjoy fare from Diamond Jim's (an E. Dundee bar with *really* good burgers) year 'round instead of just in the summer, when the beer garden is open. It's right across the street from the pie shop. I think I'm gonna need bigger pants.


1 comment: