
It's been very coooold. However Lenore and I decided to wrap ourselves in multiple layers and brave the elements over the weekend. We went for a walk around town and down the river walk. The river is totally frozen at the moment and very high. This is worrisome from a flooding perspective, especially as they continue to open the locks up north to lower levels in the Chain-O-Lakes. People who live along the Fox are already having to stack sandbags.




We've both been working the bread machines overtime, and I made two batches of crockpot soup over the weekend in celebration of the season: Chicken with homemade noodles and steak soup, which turned out fabulous if I do say so myself. Which I will, especially since I was making it up as I went along.
Lenore got caught up on her reading during all this flurry in the kitchen. She was getting a little peckish and had a digestive biscuit...or at least most of one. Hoops indicated with her usual subtlety that she wanted a bite too.

Lastly, here's a picture from our visit with Hedy (modeling new potholders) a couple weeks ago. We were at the Thai restaurant in Elgin, which has the BEST Tom Kha Gai soup in the WORLD. I think that's the name of it -- it's the one with coconut milk, lemongrass, ginger... very delish.
No comments:
Post a Comment