
Darn global warming...yesterday we had 60 degree temps, thunderstorms and two tornadoes, and it's only January. I'm still not done posting my snowstorm pictures, dammit!

The past few years, we've been getting a lot of seagulls around, and they don't seem to fly south for the winter. I think they mistake all the parking lots by the mall for bodies of water. Anyway, I thought the juxtaposition of seagulls and snow was kind of quirky. Only, it turns out you can't really see seagulls in the snow, cuz they're white! Go figure. I had to feed these ones some colored bird seed so they'd show up.
What follows are some other shots taken while walking around town looking at lights and what not.
This is the Fox River below the C'Ville dam. It was taken early a.m., and it was so cold the river was steaming. Those little lumps along the shore are dozing ducks.

Here's Odie and dad behind Otto Engineering, one of dad's favorite fishing spots (tho he wasn't fishing this day!).

And here are a couple of xmas light displays that I liked.


This one just makes me laugh. He's trying so hard not to tip over! Click on the image to see the "look" on his face.
No comments:
Post a Comment