1/16/08

Impatiently Waiting...

Thanks VERY much for all the encouraging notes and well wishes. I've been passing them on!

At the moment, we're still waiting on surgery. They called at 6 a.m. Tuesday morning to say it was postponed because he’s still got too much fluid in his lungs. They're pumping him with diuretics, but slowly, because the old kidneys are not what they used to be. Last night, just to keep things interesting, the balloon catheter they had put in during the angiogram dislodged. Apparently that livened up the ICU; my dad said alarms went off and they had to get the thing out and make sure he wasn't bleeding internally. It was supposed to be helping his heart ‘til the surgery, so now I guess they'll just manage things with drugs. It’s just one thing after another! At least in ICU he’s got his own room and more attention. (Which of course he hates!) I think they're still hoping to be able to do the bypass surgery tomorrow (Thursday).

2 comments:

  1. We are all hoping you get better news today.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. strong SC vibes are hard at work helping your father heal. x

    ReplyDelete