7/27/11

Lack of Safety and Other Random Documetation


This is documentation that the bridge to South Elgin is even more out than it was before. This daring photos was taken by Odie, and it was without the benefit of my wicked cool new bike helmet, which I got on sale.



I have not yet been able to get a shot of me wearing it. Probably because I'm moving way too fast.

I realized I have not posted any photos of Hoops lately, so here are a few of her doing what she does best: pretending to be a mighty hunter, power lounging and looking cute.






Here is mom's nosegay from when she was in the hospital. I think the nurse that finally got the IV in right ended up with it as her reward.




This was a hastily assembled nosegay for the kitchen, but I kind of like it. The white flowers are from the catnip plant.



The blasted heat wave has made gardening difficult. Add to that all the rain, and who knows what's going on out there. I think the Swiss chard is about to take over though. In between rain showers, I've managed to get in some good bike rides and kayaking. Last weekend Roland and Amy convinced me and Beth to kayak the Kishwaukee River. We timed it pretty well between monsoons and had a fun and rather swift float. I didn't take many photos, but here are a couple from the launch. We started in Belvidere Park, which is pretty nice and has fun swings, which Roland and I sampled, along with some Frisbee golf.

Here are our boats ready to go and then one shot from the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment