7/28/11

Eye Candy


Love or hate Lady GaGa (for the record, I love her), her Judas video is wicked cool, and I am so impressed with her eye makeup. Yes, me. Not a big makeup wearer, generally speaking, but this... this is divine inspiration. It's possible I may adopt (sounds better than steal) this look.

These eyebrows...how awesome are they??


And check this out:


According to the Internet (which I'm still mad at for the stirrup thing, btw), This is the "Eye of Horus." The "Eye of Horus" is an ancient Egyptian symbol of protection, closely associated with the goddess Wadjet. In "Judas," Gaga wears eye makeup that recalls the symbol. Who knew.

The hitch in this plan, though, is that if I turn over an eye makeup leaf and actually start wearing the stuff with consistency, my source for $19 eyeliner pencils might dry up. That source being my mom. She is the queen of Estee Lauder gifts with a purchase, has a direct line to Mary Kay, and is an actual dealer in a private line of makeup known as Vivian Woodard. The woman is connected. And she forces these things upon me, along with lipstick, whenever I visit without makeup on. I have never purchased a tube of lipstick in my life. So I must give this reinvention of self some thought. Also, I'm not so sure this look will be quite as hot behind my bifocals. Crap. What would Wadjet do?

No comments:

Post a Comment