5/27/09

A Charlie Brown Legacy

We had a fabulous Memorial Day (4-day!) weekend, but, alas, no photos at this time to post. Coming soon. In the meantime, behold the sweet little blue beach tree planted in Library Springs. The Township board planted it in my name/honor for my years of service on the board. It's right near the bench that Lenore and I donated. We went walking back there to see it, and I was looking up when I should have been looking down! It's a little Charlie Brown-esque, but I appreciate the thought/effort very much. As Liz said, it will get more and more beautiful as it ages, just like us.

5 comments:

  1. Nice gesture.

    I think you should take this same picture every month so we can see you both get more beautiful with age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can decorate for the holidays too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would it have been so hard to find a tree taller than you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of decorating the tree and then maybe our bench as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, I know that is a pretty tall tree. After all, you're 6'11" so that's a pretty big sprig....

    ReplyDelete