5/15/09

Take THAT, Secret Squirrel!

I was all excited to hang my new squirrel-proof bird feeder that I got for the bargain price of $12 at the farmer's market (suggested retail, $41!), so I strung it up with some clothesline and a carabener. Lesson #1: you have to hang it *away* from the tree trunk.



A slight adjustment, and we were in business. Now the squirrels can go back to digging up ALL my flower pots and annuals, chewing holes in my bird house, wearing a path in my yard between the maple and cherry tree and eating (yes, eating) my wooden swing.



Not that this has anything to do with squirrels, but I did get these really cute purple and orange (!!) flowers at the market too. Purple and orange are my two favorite colors and they are even better together. Also, yellow is nice (hence Ducky I, II and III -- car, laptop and kayak).

No comments:

Post a Comment