5/11/09

Delusions of Grandeur




While not stunning in its beauty, my little rock garden always shows great promise. Soon the boat will be overflowing with flowers and the black eyed Susan's will be waving in the breeze.

Yes, this is that delightful time of year when I delude myself into thinking I can stay ahead of the dandelions and creeping charlie, when everything is still relatively neat and tidy while still promising grander things to come. Sigh. I know it won't last, but every year I enjoy the short-lived sense of control I have over my yard. And I'm thankful it hasn't come to this:



While it will be tough to beat last year's sour cherry crop, the blossoms were still thrilling, and I even managed to capture this busy bee hard at work.



And the grape hyacinths are so worth waiting for.



Speaking of new spring growth, check out Lenore's head!

4 comments:

  1. i am looking forward to potting plants on my balcony this weekend. I don't have weed problems but some things get out of hand even in planters.

    maybe a little miraclegro on lenore's head will speed things up.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking I was glad the seagulls did not perch on my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Some people like dandelions! jk

    Thanks for capturing a nice "before" photo of our yard. Hopefully we'll figure out a way to undo the madness. They really let things go here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Andy -- hey, this was well before you guys moved in. No pressure or anything. :)

    ReplyDelete