
For me that is. I would have posted results sooner, but I was busy enjoying my bribe this morning. Mmmmm. Our cafeteria has the BEST scones.
OK, on with the show. As with all photos here (as opposed to over there, to the right), you can click on a picture to see it larger.
The Uncanny Resemblance award goes to Lynda for an entry that looks *strikingly* like the eggs entered by Ingrid. Amazing! But double snaps to Lynda for being a loyal PP reader and contestant, even whilst recovering from chemo treatments. Also she sent this bribe of spring flowers. Hold down your mouse key and drag or click on the screen from this link. For future reference, I do take gift cards.

Here is Ingrid's Most Ecological award-winning entry, for eggs dyed with onion skins and decorated with random bits of nature. You too can probably see the resemblance to Lynda's eggs. Like mother like daughter I guess.

Team Capps (Wayne and chilluns) came through again this year with a plethora of entries -- these are just a few -- all named and categorized. They win the Enthusiasm Award of Eggcellence...plus see below for more on Team Capps.
Gangsta Egg

Crimevictimandperp

Eggtoplasmic-reticulum

Rasta Egg

Sailing Egg

Graeme outdid himself with his usual creative flair...and a touch of the macabre with a cemetery diorama that I'll let him explain. Though do note the dog is carrying one of its owner's arms.
Well, the brown egg is a egg-dog who went deranged and bit its egg-man owner (loosely based on Grandpa) on a casual walk through a cemetery at night (my black velvet Christmas contest entry).
Attention to detail: the man has a hefty bite taken out of him, he is standing on legs (hard to do), the dog has spots, feet, ears, a tail, and the owner's arm, and both master and pet were designed with pencil.
-Graeme
Nothing says Happy Easter like a cemetery mauling I always say! He'll take home the award for Best Facial Expressions.

Tom sent this photo of his homemade hot crossed buns (I know, the wise crack possibilities are endless...but let's move on), which, though technically are a different species than your standard Easter egg, look delish and probably do have eggs in them, right? He wins the What's Lacking in Shell Makes Up for in Charm award.

Team Capps had one entry in particular that struck my...er, I mean, the judges' fancy. How cool is this potholder egg?! They've been awarded the Best Sucking Up to the Judges award and an honorable mention for this splendid use of color, pattern and potholder. A potholder prize will be forthcoming!

Last but definitely not least is the winning entry from my co worker, Donna, who not only put this together on her day off, but also thoughtfully provided the aforementioned delicious (burp) bribe. Snaps to Donna for her Better Than Martha grand prize entry.

What the... OK, just seeing if you were paying attention. It's not an egg, it's my adorable new pencil sharpener! What shall I call her? Send me your suggestions and you could win a potholder!

The much-coveted prizes (plus bragging rights):

Thanks to all for entering, it was fun!
I absolutely loved the gothic man-eating dog egg. Horror themes are SO underrated at Easter, don't you think?
ReplyDeleteRight, Jesse. Can't get enough of those horror themes. You can only take the bunny rabbit for so long...I think my Better than Martha grand prize entry deserves two potholders, don't you? After all, extra time went into the "judge's bribe." I like the Sucking up the the Judge entry. Pretty clever and colorful!
ReplyDeleteHey, people really do like my egg! But for the wrong reasons... I was actually hoping it would be more humorous than actually scary.
ReplyDeleteEgg-rover and Egg-rev(er) sound like appropriate names for a egg-shaped pencil-sharpener that reminds me of that robotic vacuum cleaner.
I believe the humor was definitely appreciated! :) As for I think with curves like that, it's definitely female.
ReplyDeleteA fantastic variety of entries!
ReplyDeleteEveryone obviously put a lot of thought and sometimes menace into their entry.
Laura
Thought and menace, always an interesting combination!
ReplyDeleteHow about Lucy or:
ReplyDeleteLoocy 'you got some splaining to do' Ricardo
Or maybe (thank you Grandma L) Vava (pronoucned vee-vah)
Any ways I am just suggesting because I can't let Graeme win
Call it Eggplant, Chris, or Fred.
ReplyDelete