8/9/07

The Tide is High


And I hope it doesn't end up in my basement again! Here are a few recent photos of the rising river and also a tiny movie of the Carpentersville dam. Usually this dam has a gently flow of water over it, and you can pretty much wade across at the base. It's pretty wild right now!






In other news, we recently enjoyed an afternoon of lawn dice, bocce ball and eating at Elke and Chris', where Chris grilled up a fabulous lunch. Unfortuantley, we were too busy stuffing our faces to take photos.

I'm almost done with season one of Bones, and it't totally my new favorite show! Hoops likes to watch it with me, except lately she's been hiding behind the boiler in the basement due to all the thunderstorm activity. Just yesterday we had several tornados dancing along I-90 in Elgin.

There's been little time for potholder activity lately, AND my German class starts again in two weeks, so I'm not sure when I'll be picking up the loom again. But don't worry, I'm not ready to rename the site yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment