8/15/07

Perky Potholder Prizes


Laura earned these two perky puzzle piece potholders by being the ONLY alert reader to take my trivia quiz. Now don't you wish you had tried too? The light green and pink loops were dyed with leftover tie dye. How hip is that?!

Merri picked this color scheme, so guess what's going to be coming soon to her mailbox?



In other potholder news, I finally dipped into my (expensive!) bag of 100% wool loops from Harrisville Design. It turned out to be a little disappointing, because the assortment bag I got didn't contain enough of any interesting color combinations to do any of my favorite patterns! I need at least six sets of six colors, though I prefer 3 sets of 12 (total loops in each potholder is 36, in case you were staying awake wondering about that). So, anyway, I made do as best as I could (sure wished I had more red!). These are very sturdy and flame retardant potholders...maybe I can sew some together for a sporty vest.



I like this pattern because you get to switch colors a lot. And it ends up looking kind of tweedy.



Lastly, this is the mega potholder basket my mom got me at the farmer's market! It's big enough to hold the former basket (shown here with Hoops running by and then sans Hoops). It's kind of like when you go to the store and buy a tote bag or purse, and then they put it in a bag. "Do you want a bag for your bag?" Why, yes, I believe I do.





Here's a lovely tomato still life, just because. Every now and then I see something in my own house that's pleasing to my eye.

2 comments:

  1. The colors are great! Can't wait to add them to my collection.

    I think you should make a perky wool potholder quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wool PH's look like their colors are richer & deeper - or is your expertise as a photographer that brings it out of your models?

    ReplyDelete