
Looks like Hoops mistook Lenore's pain killers for cat treats!
The weekend was spent propping up poor Lenore, whose vivacious platelets allowed for installation of her "soaker hose" port on Friday. The doctor said everything looked "clean and shiny as it should" and even had photos to prove it. Said photos were later left *unsupervised* within my very reach, but Lenore wouldn't let me steal one (it was a duplicate!) out of her chart for posting here. She such a stickler for protocol that Lenore! Anyway this 20-minute procedure, which was to have begun at noon (but that's hospital time, so it really didn't start 'til after 1:30 real-world time) got us home at around 8 p.m., after a swing through Walgreen's drive up for a Norco refill (or as Lenore calls it "NICOR"). Needless to say, I made more than a few potholders that day while waiting. Stay tuned for photos, plus documentation of our first attempt at tie dying.
In other news...wait, there's really no other news. It rained a lot, so we fired up the crock pot, made some bread pudding, sat around quite a bit and Lenore battled the post surgery adjustments one's organs seem to make after any type of medical invasion. We did still make a brief appearance at the Farmer's Market, and I took a couple of bike rides between storms (one attempt was poorly timed and I got soaked despite Lenore's up-to-the-minute monitoring of the weather radar -- she was able to call mid ride to tell me I would be getting rained on once I left Elgin).
Sorry no photos today; maybe later in the week after I get caught up at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment