While everyone else was taking pictures of their Easter Eggs (contest results coming soon!), we were in Rockford celebrating Ruth's 75th birthday. We had fun visiting with everyone, and there was enough food for a small third world nation. I thought this shot summed up the point of the whole evening: LET'S EAT CAKE!

I myself was mesmerized by the bottomless cookie basket.

This was the cookie I had my eye on, but, alas, I was not fast enough, so I had to settle for a photo to remember it by.
The kids soon got bored with all the grownup chatter and reverted to their introverted high-tech forms of entertainment. Though the balloons were a big hit too, so there's still hope.

Oh, and also I fired up both bread machines. The one on the left is sesame oatmeal, and the one on the right is whole wheat oatmeal with wheat germ and birdseed (not really...I was out of birdseed). They were both delish.
Both of the breads were so yummy!
ReplyDelete