4/12/07

We Have A Winner!!

(and it's not this one)

Here are our somewhat disappointing eggs (next year we'll avoid the $.99 egg dye), flanked by pastel perky potholders for Easter, of course.

Sorry it took so long to report the results. All those eggs made one of the judges whose name we won't mention here feel a little peckish and he would not stop with the snacking.

I should say now that I'm not a very good contest facilitator because I want everyone to win just for making the effort. So we have some special awards, starting with...

An Honorable Mention to Cathy in Florida for her exploding eggs that turned in to scrambled egg soup. Apparently it was too traumatic to photograph, but I'm sure she's glad she had a perky potholder on hand to handle the aftermath.


The Intercontinental Award

Goes to Ingrid and Lyla for their natural Latvian-style eggs. Snaps to them for presentation too -- it's tres purty. I'll try and make you a Latvian flag potholder.

The Eggs in One Basket Award

Goes to Austin and William. We enjoyed the variety of goodies displayed along with your eggs. It wouldn't hurt your chances next time to share. Not that we're hinting or anything.


The Cat's Meow Award

Goes to Mitzi the cat...judging from her expression, those eggs are destined to become cat toys. Thanks to her person, Donna, for sending it.

And now...the moment you've all been waiting for. For volume, variety, and cleverness (these guys named their eggs, people!) the grand prize goes to...


TEAM CAPPS!

Wayne, Halley and Mary-Rachel pulled out all the stops...here is but a small sampling of their 70-plus entries (I could be eggzagerating). Remember, you can click on any of the pictures to see them larger. I should mention that Daryl gave you an extra point for sympathy when he heard about the tragic blow torch incident. In the future we hope you'll be a little more careful with your perky potholders. We don't yet have a source for asbestos loops, so, ya know, a little common sense wouldn't hurt. I'm just sayin'.

Prizes will be mailed soon! Thanks to everyone for playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment