4/16/07

Latvia Still Hasn't Called...


So this is my attempt at making Ingrid a Latvian flag potholder. I left a message with Latvia letting them know they'll need to change their flag just a smidgen if they want to be represented accurately in a potholder. Still waiting for the president to call back. I'm sure she's busy.

I made it with my vintage e-bay potholder loops, so there's some wonky fading, but it's the closest red I could find (I even did a google search). Think of it as a flag that's been around the block a few times.

Lenore picked these colors from the vintage collection, and I love it! I told her she couldn't take ownership 'til I documented the finished potholder.


Here's a montage of all the vintage ones so far. The loops are thinner, but I think the colors are kind of fun.

2 comments:

  1. I was waiting so impatiently for my vintage potholder and finally got it last night! I used it on something that was room temp since I so wanted to use it. Love the picture of the start of the mass potholder production started in West Dundee, IL. Does your Mom hold any stock in the company since she contributed the equipment to get the company started?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the president of Latvia is waiting for an offer to make her a potholder. You can hand deliver it next summer during the Song Festival.

    ReplyDelete