5/23/11

Rapture Wrap


Well that was a little anticlimactic. Though I will say that on Saturday, we went for a bike ride and noted how empty the bike trail was for such a nice day. Kind of made me wonder... and then be glad that I wasn't raptured wearing bike shorts. So far, no one I know is missing, but then again, maybe that's not saying much.

In mattress news...I'm still waiting.


Maybe I should say...maybe I shouldn't...but I will. I ordered a mattress from Verlo (cuz I like to shop local), and I was sorely disappointed. So back it went, and they are allegedly fixing it to my exacting princess-and-the-pea standards. It was lacking in cush and stability, which was exactly what I liked about the showroom model. So why was it not even close to the one I sampled? Why have a floor model if you're not going to build it to those specs? I appreciate the re do, but it's been a pain in the ass. I've had to give up not one but two Saturday mornings, and of course I'm without a bed while they fix it. That said, I know there are people in tornado ravaged locations who'd be happy with a roof over their heads...I'm just sayin' -- it's annoying when you spend over $800 on something and it's a poor imitation of what you were expecting. Hmf.



So my neighbor Lucy and I are at war with the behind neighbor, because behind neighbor has more dogs than ordinance allows AND they let the damn things bark all the time. Like until after midnight. I don't know their name or phone number, but we both left notes asking if they could please do something about the barking (giving them a fair chance before calling the police), but the response was defensive and just a little crazy. This is the letter that behind neighbor wrote to Lucy. (Click the image to read the first page. It goes on for two pages.) It's worth noting that behind neighbor is the same woman who let Sam the cat roam around the neighborhood all day (referenced in the letter as "loving family pet"). Sam didn't seem like an outside cat -- he was always following me around the yard, trying to sit in my lap and begging to come into my house (which Hoops did not appreciate). Not that I minded, but it's just irresponsible. And, just to clarify, I was the one who found Sam a loving home, not crazy behind neighbor. She was going to take him to a shelter where he likely would have been euthanized. This woman is a nurse somewhere, so I hope she reads orders better than she spells.

But enough of that. Check out the May nosegays! Yes, there's a theme, but I haven't got a whole lot to work with just yet.





Oops, this isn't a nosegay, but it still smells good. It's my new favorite bread to make -- sesame/sunflower seed/walnut. Delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment