
I have a few pics on my camera to download, but haven't had a chance to do so yet. In the meantime, here's an office nosegay, contents of which were poached off of various ornamentals around campus. It smells lovely too!
Memorial Day weekend was a bit of a bust since the weather was so shitty. I feel gypped. Though Beth and I did get in a couple of decent bike rides, and I got the grass cut and most of my garden cleared of weeds and planted in a sort of half-assed way. Rather than do a little each day and enjoy it, which I prefer, I crammed it all in to one afternoon...and now I'm paying for it! Mama's not as young as she used to be. Between gardening and falling off my bike (oh yeah, I wiped out on the wooden bridge by the pie shop cuz it was all wet...the bridge, not the pie shop!), I'm moving a bit slowly today.

Here's the bruise so far -- it's about the size of an orange, but if I show it to scale on my leg, everyone will be able to see I'm wearing blue underwear, and we can't have that.
Anyway...back to the garden. This morning, everything I planted was still intact. I'm afraid to look now though, since the squirrels and other destructive critters have had all day to undo what I did. I'm off to get some fencing, STAT.
There *is* some good news, but I don't want to even report it, lest I jinx it!
No comments:
Post a Comment