
The front desk lady at the college fitness center is very good about decorating for the various holidays and what not. Recently, despite having no budget whatsoever, she created this fly bulletin board to coincide with the latest incentive program. It's made out of crumpled up paper! That in itself was impressive to me, but then, today, whilst working my abs on the adjacent mat, I noticed someone had accessorized her mountain.
"You may get to tent #1, but then you have get by THIS GUY!!! Grrrr!" I found out later, it was one of the guys from the "Wilde Bunch," which is basically all the retired guys I work out with in the morning. I guess he raided his grandson's toy box.


This was not the extent of my week's excitement though. Roland's cousin Klaus Peter passed through town on his way to New York! It's always fun to see representatives from the German contingent.

In other news, we've been trying to promote the Dundee Farmer's Market on Facebook and Twitter, so if you're on either, be our friend! It's under Dundee Depot & Farmer's Market. Twitter is @Dundee Depot I think. Someone else is doing the tweeting; I'm not that hip yet.
On the medical front, Lenore managed to get anemic enough to warrant a transfusion, which, though there are risks, we were kind of hoping she could get, because she really feels like crap, and the exhaustion is getting old. So that'll be Monday, and hopefully she'll be a whole new vampire then. They are going to irradiate the blood as a precaution since her immune system is not so great; as an added bonus, she'll glow in the dark!

Don't forget to check the face blog for some new additions. Lenore and I both had (maybe) photos chosen for a "Faces in Places" coffee table book that's being published by someone across the Pond. Her name is Jody, and she has a Faces in Places site that was recently featured in Reader's Digest. American Express totally stole our idea.
You can use Lenore as a nightlight after the transfusion.
ReplyDeleteGood luck getting into the book!
Laura