5/24/10

Just Cuz

We had a relatively quiet weekend, but I still took a few pictures. Saturday was busy with marketing, lawn mowing, and planting -- all of which we wanted to get done since Sunday was going to be so blasted hot (which it was). I planted mom's Mother's Day pots (shown here, followed by a shot of the not-so-attentive supervisors), and Lenore and I (but mostly Lenore) made another batch of strawberry-rhubarb jelly, this time with organic strawberries and local honey. It tastes the same as the first batch, really, but we can be more smug when eating it.





I got most of my garden planted Saturday (herbs, Swiss chard, four teeny tiny asparagus plants, and a lot of tomato plants), and I planted some flowers on Sunday that the squirrels are no doubt busy digging up right now, the little bastards.

1 comment:

  1. NEVER trust a smiling woman with a fly swatter. pk

    ReplyDelete