
Can one ever get too much of nature's nurture? Maybe, but I'm still going to continue posting, with some restraint, things that catch my eye(s). Like the allium bulbs I planted last fall. I was at war with the squirrels, who kept digging them up, but it looks like a few bulbs survived. I've never seen alliums being borned before and it's fascinating! I hope recent torrential rains haven't knocked their little heads off before they've had time to assume their fireworks phase. Check it out!







In other bucolic news, handyman Tim moved some fence panels for me (long story about rear-yard neighbors, now gone, who were fence placement impaired), and I was worried we may have bisected the hostas. I think they're gonna be OK. My Jerry Garcia neighbor will get a few hosta parts and ferns in the bargain, but that's OK.

Then Lenore thought (out loud) that I should be sharing the occasional nose gay of mini bouquets I've been plucking out of the yard, so here's a couple-two-three of those.



Pretty soon all the sweet little flowers will be gone, but I'm thinking of planting some sunflowers this year.
And basil -- here's my baby basil growing from seeds.

Non documented kitchen news (which involved potholders, so that's why I'm bringing it up) has to do with recent success baking more (and better) bread in the crockpot. This is good new for hot summer days ahead.
I created a Facebook page for the Farmer's Market, and Saturday is our first opening of the season, so, weather permitting, I may take some pictures to post. If you're not a fan ... why not?! And Joules and I are going on a poo run in Woodstock. Co worker Molly has horsies and brews compost on the side, so that'll be an exciting outing as well.
Hi to Lenore and all, who are in SC celebrating Lenore's soon-to-be FIVE OH with dragon boats and poppyseed cake. 50. Hmmm. Fret not, it's the new 30.
You sure make some pretty flower arrangements and have such pretty and cute vases. Very thoughtful use of flower and vases. - Lenore
ReplyDelete