3/24/10

Critical Eating


Lenore gave me a Kaminari dinner for Valentine's Day, so we dragged our friends, Kim and Marty, along for some artful dining. Which means only one thing: Food pictures! I was going to branch out and try something new, but in the end ordered my favorite, a delicious dragon, pictured here with some "training chopsticks" thoughtfully provided by our waiter. I won't go into detail as to why he saw fit to provide them, but let's just say someone almost lost an eye.

Since we ordered an appetizer *and* dessert, as well as asked for some menu guidance, all while snapping photos, Kim jokingly commented that they were going to think we were restaurant critics. I think maybe they did, because we scored a plate of free ice cream when all was said and done.



If they only knew that we were merely four hungry broads and that our high-maintenance requests for forks, water, low-sodium soy sauce, etc. were not to test them, but merely so that Marty could further admire said waiter's shapely arm muscles (sadly, not pictured).

Here is our appetizer and my artistic salad. I like food that looks good enough to eat.




Main courses were also pretty, with Marty's winning the drama prize.





Marty's dessert was basically a $5 Ho-Ho, not that there's anything wrong with Ho-Hos.





For the record, I still miss Apollo's butt.

1 comment:

  1. marty's dish is explosive! so cool... and reminds me of the carrots bunny rabbit always stole from captain kangaroo.

    ReplyDelete