3/17/10

Birds, Potholders, and Little Cat Feet



So, where were we?

Lenore and I didn't see many birds during the annual Backyard Bird Count walk in Library Springs, but I did see this guy in the woods. The spirit of Pinocchio maybe?



I made a couple more potholders and finished the potholder blanket I started...oh...last winter? It's made of wool in a lovely variegated eggplant color instead of loops, and it's very soft. I really like how it turned out -- it's to put on my lap while driving, so it's a Mini blanket. It's going to be 70 degrees tomorrow though, so, hey, great timing.

I attempted to photograph these items, but Hoops kept wandering through my photos. She jumped into my lap right when I took this picture.



Here are two catless shots.




Or maybe she's just lending her paw for scale.



The color schemes of these potholders were somewhat of a surprise, because I made them in the dark. Hoops was sleeping in my lap, and I didn't want to get up to turn on the light. They turned out OK, all things considered.

I left my heating pad unattended recently, so Hoops decided to put it to good use. How can you deny that cute little face?!



Lenore sent me a few pictures from our rainy St. Patrick's Day parade, I just have to download and post them. We also went out for Japanese food for Valentine's Day, so of course that had to be documented extensively. Coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment