
So I think I reported that the rhubarb bounce experiment turned out well. And, as an added bonus, the tasty leftover vodka-and-sugar-soaked rhubarb inspired thoughts of pie. What's not to like about vodka-laced pie? Well...turns out it *was* a little odd, probably because I didn't add enough sugar. You could kind of feel the heat of the vodka with every bite, and it was a little bitter. Except for the bites with cherries -- I fortified the pie with some bounced cherries.


In retrospect, I think a whole pie of cherry-bounce cherries would be awesome. The rhubarb? Meh. It was OK. Better with whipped cream. However, I had fun making it AND using my cherry pitter, which works just as well on drunk cherries as it does on fresh ones. Love that little doohickey!

Check out the video of Foster Brooks after eating some of my pie.
Hua liked her blue potholder. Here she is demonstrating unbridled glee. Normally Hua doesn't smile for photos or move her arms from her sides.
That Hua is outta control!
ReplyDeleteI've noticed a trend here of experimental alcohol delivery vehicles. Hmm...
LOL! I can tell she's about to jump on her desk to entertain you all with the Funky Chicken dance.
ReplyDeleteIs there no end to her partying ways?
Check out my blog for a new contest.
She's hard to contain sometimes.
ReplyDeletethat pie is screaming for about a quart of freshly whipped whipping cream to be folded into it. wish i could try a slice of it.
ReplyDelete