
There are plenty of dramatic icicles hanging around town, but since we did quite an extensive photo montage of them last year, I decided to go easy on the icicle footage this year. Plus, it's too damn cold out to be taking pictures of ice. Tomorrow's expected high: 9.
I blurred everything but the ice in the one above, which makes the whole thing look fake, but, this icicle is about as long as I am (which, I realize, in the big scheme of things, may not be saying much, but 5' of ice is fairly impressive).
We just liked the way the lights shine through these icicles...it's a little better in real life, so you southern readers, c'mon up and see for yourselves!


Lenore took this multi-level icicle shot -- I think it's my favorite.

Turns out I had my own giant icicle once again threatening my (free) cable TV line (loyal readers may recall last year's escapade with Anja and the super soaker). Since I didn't have a 9-year-old handy, I had to take care of this offending 'sicle myself.


Lenore was supposed to be spotting me, but instead opted for a safe distance from which to take photos. Suitably weakened with hot water from the super soaker, I was able to knock the whole thing down (not pictured) in one dramatic thud with a long pole I found in the garage. And best of all, I didn't fall out the window.
Roland sent me some additional snowshoeing photos. These were taken whilst traversing Snuffy's Prairie, and that's June and Steve's lovely house in the background. Also, an action shot of...um...watering the plants.


Some additional neighborhood decorations by my parents' house -- as much as I hate these blow up lawn ornaments, I do like these little big headed guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment