1/10/10

Fugglies

I made a few potholders over the xmas break and sorted through some excess loopage (most of which ended up on ebay). The salvageable loops went into some fuggly new potholders that will likely end up as office protection. Sometimes, and I'm not naming names or anything, but sometimes, potholders disappear 'round the office or ... maybe the end up getting thrown out. Oh the horror. Who could blame anybody though -- how much richer could your life be with THIS:



(I know, pretty Ray Raynor -- I blame the loops)

This Blue Fuggly is for #1 Chinese co-worker, Hua. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out, but I really like it a lot. It reminds me of an antique rag rug. For marmots. I think she'll like it.



Here it is with it fuggly brother.



And these, well... I have nothing more to say. They are what they are.






I did make a couple potholders with quality designer loops from Rodeo Drive. Or thereabouts. Laura will prolly get one for sending me a delightful picture-of-the-week photo unless she takes a shine to one of the others.




In other news, did you know that the guy who plays Artie on Glee is also (or was) in a boy band?! Who knew! Search NLT on YouTube.

Also, I got $$ for reading glasses for xmas (thanks parents!), only I can't just get *reasonable* readers from, like, Walgreens, no, my eyes are so effed up, I have to order them special from the actual eye doctor, so they cost almost $400 dollars (JUST the lenses), which, I might add, includes a $40 EXTRA LAB CHARGE just because it's a strong prescription. WTH? I feel discriminated against. Fix THAT why doncha Mr. Wet Blanket Joe Lieberman.

Anyway...they came in and they're great except for the being able to read through them part. What I got were upside down bifocals of sorts, so the reading part is about 2/3 of the lens, and then I have a little bit of distance way at the top (1/3 for those of you who are good at math) so if I need to, say, get up and answer the phone or pee*, I can do so without hurting myself. It's an ingenious idea, but the bottom of the reader part, which is kind of critical when you're, say, lying on a feinting couch reading fan mail, doesn't work so good. (sigh) So fearless glasses adjuster Sarah had to send them back.

*When did "pee" go mainstream? I.e., not considered too crude for anything but uber vernacular-type conversations? I'm just wondering. Now I hear doctors using the term in a clinical sense, parents, teachers... Didn't parents used to scold for saying "pee"? Kind of takes the thrill out of being a grownup who can throw around off-color comments while snacking before dinnertime. Thanks a lot, society!

No comments:

Post a Comment