
And now...today's story.
When making potholders, it's a good idea to leave the finished project on the loom for awhile so the loops can relax and yield a sturdy, robust potholder vs. a timid shrunken specimen once said potholder is deloomed. But I only have two looms, so I bought a couple more potholder looms on ebay.
One of the looms I bought came with a second, odd (mutant) loom that only had 10 teeth per side (vs. the standard 18). Curious, I used it to make a potholder and discovered, as predicted, the 10-toothed loom yielded a tiny, palm-sized potholder. Fascinating.
Lenore's mom had complained...er...constructively commented in the past that my potholders were too small, so I decided to sew four of the teeny potholders together to make one larger one. The results? A big old ugly potholder. So much for artistic experimentation.
The teeny potholders make nice coasters.
Here you can see the size difference and finished potholder Pièce de résistance.



And now, another word about out sponsor:
Yes, the iPad is indeed real. Apparently they have no men working in the marketing department over at Apple. I mean seriously. iPad? Where exactly do the ear buds go? Never mind, I don't want to know. I can't wait for the iPon.
For those not easily offended (in which case, what are you doing here?), this Mad TV skit called it in 2007. What woman doesn't need vaginal firewall protection?!
No comments:
Post a Comment