8/25/09

Windy City Fun


Ben and Dennis (a.k.a. Bennis) were in town for a Chi-Town getaway, so we hopped the train and met up with them, and Ben's delightful mom, for a fun Thai lunch and kibitzing.



We had a fabulous visit, and though I did photograph all the dishes, this group shot shows enough without going overboard.



Though I will share our appetizer (I have no idea what it is), and Lenore's ... I think it was tofu and brains? Anyway, anything's good with peanut sauce.






I feel compelled to photograph this any time I walk by it. I'm not sure why.




This was the same weekend as the air and water show, so, note to self: avoid all public transportation during such events. Gawd. Every stereotypical nightmare passenger was on our train car, including screaming babies, toddlers running up and down the aisle, loud talkers, cell phone and iPod abusers... And what's with people bringing multiple strollers, coolers, 9 kids and a scooter? Please. Just effing drive if you're going to schlep all that crap.

But I digress. Actually, no, I'm done. These photos are making me hungry for Thai food again.

No comments:

Post a Comment