Cora came and stayed with me last weekend for her 11th birthday outing, and we accomplished a LOT. Activities included shopping at the farmer's market, hot dog eating, shopping at the hysterical society garage sale (where I got 6 fabulous antique chairs for the dining room, a plug-in pumpkin and a hydrangea plant), cookie sampling, shopping at Borders and Trader Joe's (and sampling food), kitten cuddling at Petsmart (which ended up taking up most of our shopping time, truth be told), a Chicago Bandits double header (which included Blizzards), playing Frisbee with Noble and Valiant (German shepherds), dinner party at Onkel Rolie's (a.k.a. Roland and Amy's house), visiting with cats in the garden, and shopping at Kohl's for necklaces. There may have been additional snacking in there, I forget. Cora helped me pick out three necklaces to go with some of my new couture, and I have to say, she just may have a future in fashion. It's not everybody who can say they've been successfully accessorized by an 11 year old, but people, I look GOOD! And she was very diplomatic when I held something up that wasn't to her liking. I'd get a raised eyebrow (yes, she can raise one eyebrow, and I'm totally jealous) and a tactful, "Interesting." Yes, it's good to be kind to the fashionably unaware.
These kittens were SO CUTE. Lenore took these shots with her iPhone. There was a large litter of kittens and several cats looking for new homes at adoption day. We sampled all of them, which sort of made up for Hoops' inhospitable attitude during Cora's visit. She spent the majority of the weekend hiding (Hoops that is).

"Hey Lady, put me down, there's a dust bunny down there that needs tending to!"

Taking a break from Frisbee at Gary and Nina's

Bandit wanted to hula, but Cora respectfully declined.
No comments:
Post a Comment