7/24/09

Berries, Bounce and Butterflies


Lenore helped me pick some more black raspberries (growing in abundance along the bike trail), which was sporting of her since A.) It was raining and B.) She doesn't even like raspberries. Or the bounce I made from them (pictured here with an experimental rhubarb bounce).


We also recently took a relaxing stroll through Snuffy's Prairie and met up with June and Steve (site stewards) who were there for the same purpose. We had a lovely walk and talk while admiring all the stuff in bloom.



Here's a war-torn butterfly that apparently did battle (and won) with a bird. It flew off in a rather loopy flight pattern, but seemed to be doing OK otherwise. I was contemplating planting some of this milkweed in my yard, because it smells so good, but it's also a great attraction for Japanese beetles, so I may limit my enjoyment of it to in-the-wild encounters. Click the photo to see it closer up.

No comments:

Post a Comment