7/29/09

I'm Just Sayin'...


Joseph Cohen


So this cab driver unloads a family and their luggage recently, only to discover later that the parents "forgot" their five-year-old kid, who was sleeping in the back of the mini van. Read the full story here if you're interested, but what irks me is the cabbie got in trouble! His license was almost suspended for three days. WTF? I can see leaving a cell phone, maybe a purse in a cab, but your kid? Isn't that something most parents would notice? Why is this the cab driver's fault? And, if I may be so bold, where's the kid's responsibility in all of this? He's FIVE -- I can't tell you how many times I was left behind at various gas stations* and I always found my way home. My parents were always so relieved, which I knew, because my reappearance was always greeted with, "Oh God, she's back." Kids these days. They're so coddled.

*Not really. It was usually department stores and rest stops. My parents have class.


In other news, friend and former co worker Laurie sent me an Amazon link a while back for a most hilarious "three wolves" t-shirt. The reviews for this shirt are priceless. Recently in need of a snicker, I revisited the link and realized the "customers also viewed" links were equally hilarious, and comments on the LOL-worthy reviews also quite clever. Where does the depth of all this hilarity end?! I'll let you know when I find it. In the meantime, enjoy this utterly fantastic parody of Poe, which is a product review for, of all things, a gallon of milk. Amazon has EVERYTHING! (Don't miss the fresh whole rabbit carcass or the Relaxman relaxation capsule, only $36,995 -- sorry, no super saver shipping though).

Sample:
Once upon a mid-day sunny, while I savored Nuts 'N Honey,
With my Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 gal, 128 fl. oz., I swore
As I went on with my lapping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at the icebox door.
'Bad condenser, that,' I muttered, 'vibrating the icebox door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

No comments:

Post a Comment