
Sabine came to town for another whirlwind weekend of shopping, biking, movies, kayaking and noshing. I had apparently impressed Cora with my smoothies, so Sabine put in her request, plus we had roasted marshmallows, peach crumble (also fireside), and several meals out that encompassed (very) carefully buttered waffles, hot dogs, grilled cheese and bright red Cheetos from Onkel Rolie that will burn your lips off if you unknowingly eat more than one at a time. Trust me. Over the course of the weekend, I learned many new words (13-year-old vernacular doncha know), and got to sample Roland and Amy's new Wii. I don't mean to brag, but I sprinted 100 m.p.h. and there wasn't even anyone chasing me. And that was AFTER jumping over logs! It was also after visiting the candy store, so that could have something to do with it. We also went accessory shopping, because Sabine noted that even though I already went with Cora, she is "very good at picking things out for people," so I had to take advantage of the opportunity. We had great success with another necklace for both of us.

A few photos to document the activities:

Checking out the lily pads...

Rafting the kayaks for some power drifting.
No comments:
Post a Comment