2/12/09

Souper Bowl


Among the many things Zita tackled while visiting/nursing Lenore was making Borscht. Lyla made some when she was here, and we were hooked. This is not your run of the mill pink broth, mind you, rather it's a very hearty soup that just happens to have beets in it, along with carrots, potatoes, stew meat, and cabbage. It's fabulous. So, anyway, Zita and I shopped for the ingredients and then she spent all day chopping, peeling, dicing and prepping. We had it with freshly baked bread one very cold evening. It was a meal that needed documenting.

Also in need of documenting was the biggest peep in the world.



Here's another Perky Potholder sighting at the eye doctor's office. Sarah is infinitely patient with us high-maintenance patients who are always needing glasses adjustments due to unfortunately turtleneck incidents, spontaneous napping, and, in my case, a clumsy girlfriend who is forever crashing into, bumping, jostling, or elbowing me in the head. Don't get me started on the kicking. I think I need to invest in some bubble wrap.

2 comments:

  1. Excuse me. I've done it once.. Don't forget the people out in public that have done it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once...that you are aware of.

    ReplyDelete