Regular readers may recall a
post from last year about this time, when I attended our college Christmas party and received the quintessential white elephant gift. It was as repulsive as it was amusing, and I promptly ditched it in one of the plants. Turns out my little Chernobyl camel was never discovered (or maybe the plant people were afraid to touch it), and he's been living in the plant ever since. (Cue ominous music.) Until today. When I returned from lunch, THIS was sitting on my desk, compliments of my co worker Donna.


I was laughing so hard I had to use my asthma inhaler. Notice the dirt still on his feet. It's probably radioactive. Now we're contemplating a new home for Chernobyl. Too bad today's United Way charity auction is over. (I donated 2 of my
cookbooks and 4 perky potholders -- organizers packaged each cookbook with 2 potholders, sparking hot bidding wars. Each Pseudo/Perky package fetched $20.)
That is truly the most disgusting looking camel ever. It makes me queasy just to look at it. Maybe you should should donate it as a mascot to an adult bookstore or something!
ReplyDeletetwo cents! and that's my final offer.
ReplyDeletepat
I have a white elephant exchange coming up. I'll bid 3 cents
ReplyDelete