
I decided to bottle some of my cherry bounce last night. You might recall the original preparation from last summer. It's been infusing since July, and I can report with happy certainty that it's very delicious. I had a small amount made with whisky, while the rest was made with vodka. You can't see the difference, but the taste is distinctive for both. I think I like the vodka better, because it's a little cherry-er.

Here's the (liquid) fruit of my spoils. Notice how faded the cherries are now. Despite their anemic appearance, they taste quite good, and I'm here to tell ya, they pack their own unique punch! I wasn't really thinking about their alcohol content while munching away on them last night. Oh my. However, as an added bonus, while enjoying my cherry-booze buzz, I became inspired to scribe my entry for the annual McDonald Christmas competition, this year's contest being a Bulwer-Lytton-inspired challenge to see who can write the worst opening line of a story. Oddly enough, my entry has nothing to do with cherries, booze, or bouncing. Go figure.
My found photos this week (those pictures I take and then forget that I've taken them) include the following. This was our last ride on the bike trail before the weather got too cold (for us), though we'll likely take part in the Bicycle Garage's annual "Tour de Lights" ride closer to Christmas.

These are potholders I made and donated to the United Way fundraiser auction we had at work. They haven't been auctioned off yet, but I'm sure they'll earn a pretty penny (and not a penny more).

Merri and her cute husky pup Wexford visited us in November. Hoops was not very gracious, not that Wexford noticed.

Why didn't you post the recipe for your Cherry Bounce. Or is it in an archive some where? I'm going to need it you know.
ReplyDelete