
We had as snow day Friday, which was splendid and made for an ideal opportunity to get a head start on power lounging and playing outside. The McHenry County Conservation District hosts candlelight skiing at various locations, so Roland, Amy and I went Friday night (awesome!), and then Lenore joined us for snowshoeing on Saturday. Roland and I also skied a couple of loops around Beverly Lake in the morning. Sunday was so cold (below zero), we didn't go out at all, which worked out OK since my legs had had quite enough.
Here are a couple pictures from our snowshoeing adventure at Library Springs. Lenore's muscles grudgingly went along with it, even though it was only 2 weeks after chemo.


She called this photo "need air."

Roland decided to follow a deer trail.

Resting on the bench Lenore and I donated (we were the first to leave butt prints).

Sunday we donned several layers and sat around most of the day. I was watching the Food Channel and forgot I had put a potholder on my head.

Lenore worked on the computer and I made some potholders, cleaned out Lenore's freezer (what is it with these people and freezer burn?) and made chicken soup and bread pudding. Joules came over for lunch and cherry bounce tasting. Her batch came out boozier, but it was delicious over ice. She also made some with lime zest that was, in a word, ZESTY. Yowsa.

Paula, love the camo snowpants. When the paramilitary groups come a knockin', I'll know who to ask!
ReplyDelete