11/30/07

An Exciting New Potholder Development


So coworker Pat gave me this neat "vintage" metal potholder loom that she found in her basement. I thought, hmmm...this might look neat just hangin' on the wall, and even neater with a potholder in it. So I whipped up a potholder in colors that would go with the room (had to cut apart a pair of tan socks to do it though!) and prepared to document the results. But Hoops had other ideas. I had it propped up on a ball of yarn and was just about the snap the picture when Hoops decided it was HER ball of yarn and interrupted my shot. Little stinker. She dragged my whole artistic composition across the room.


Here it is after I retrieved it.

But wait there's more.

I found myself wishing I had more of these older looms so I could make a real potholder STATEMENT on my wall. Several ebay bids later, I think I may have succeeded. So far I've won 3 or 4 auctions, two for wooden looms. I'm not sure they're the right size though...but they could be hung loopless I s'pose. Anyhoo...stay tuned for more on this exciting topic!

No comments:

Post a Comment