11/19/07

You Know You're In the South When...


What is UP with the boiling of peanuts?!
I'm back and waiting for your contest entries. I took about 7,000 photos of the changing leaves around Lake Lure, NC., but I won't post them here. You're welcome. I will, however, post this photo of a sign spotted along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Never mind the deer crossing, watch out for the hula hoopers!

5 comments:

  1. Pet photos will arrive shortly! Don't you worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. was there a hula hoop tourney in town? maybe next month there will be a "caution pogo sticks" sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just cannot decide which cute photo of Xena Laura to enter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was someone lifting his or her hoop skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those hula hoop signs are tributes to a jam band from Colorado called The String Cheese Incident. Literally every crosswalk sign around Boulder had them.

    ReplyDelete