12/3/07

Wipe Out!


If Santa's late this year, you'll know why. He and the Mrs. laid down their Hogs. This was actually a fitting occurrence in my neighborhood given the snow and sleet we had on Saturday. Luckily it came after the Dickens parade (we drove the Minis again). I watched the storm from the (dis)comfort of the salon where I was getting my hair ruined, thank you very much. Roland and Amy gave me a gift certificate for my birthday, so I was getting highlights...or so I thought. I ended up looking like Bozo the Clown. OK, maybe not quite, but after two hours and several attempts to correct the initial toner that made my hair a lovely pinkish red color (?!), I was still sporting a fetching streetwalker shade of red and contemplating changing my name to Lola. I lost track of the number of shampoos I had after five. Now I have to go back Thurs. so they can redo the highlights. I'm hoping for some sort of miracle. This is the only picture I have that sort of shows the color. Note how it blends into Lenore's red couch! I was recovering from the trauma when Xena thought she should lend her comforting warmth to my lap. She's good that way.




On the potholder front, I got three of the vintage looms I bought on ebay (two are shown here, one metal, one wood). I just had to share this picture of the box. 1. Because it's so retro and 2. I love the picture and the fact that these girls are obviously having THE TIME OF THEIR LIVES at this potholder making party. Some of them appear to be wearing potholders on their heads -- who needs lampshades! Here I was wasting all this time making plain old potholders when I could have been making hats for unsuspecting friends and relatives!


Just for fun, I thought I'd try the directions for making a potholder with yarn instead of cotton loops. The result was somewhat attractive yet useless as far as potholders go. I guess I need thicker yarn. A LOT thicker. If I made about 700 of these I'd have enough for a lacy shawl though.



Let's see that wipe out again. Haha!

3 comments:

  1. lyla, laura, lynda lenore, lola.
    the "L" and the red (1st, 3rd & 5th) fit the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and the yarn weave, tho not functionally fit for a proper potholder, could make a nice doily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the yarn weave is lovely - nice colors too.

    love the santa 2 cycle pile-up.

    ReplyDelete