2/19/07

Fly Like An...


We went down to LaSalle, IL on Saturday to visit Merri and to look for bald eagles. Merri lives right near Utica, IL, home of Starved Rock state park and one of the better places to spot bald eagles. It was pretty nippy, but as you can see from these photos (I hope), we picked a good day. There were eagles everywhere! One tree had about 30 eagles just hangin' out, posing for various future coins I think. We were pretty far away, but with the binoculars, you could see them up close and personal. This is the view across the river toward the park. I don't have a very powerful zoom on my digital camera, but managed to zoom in a bit with photo shop so you can really see the white tails and heads.





This shot shows both eagles and their huge nests.




Here's Merri and Lenore, trying to work their cameras with mittens on.


And here's Merri getting distracted from the eagles by a woodpecker. You know these college professors, they have such short attention spans.


Lest we get too far off topic... More potholder shots coming soon -- Roland and Merri have sent pics, watch this space for updates!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I feel lucky to have seen an eagle flying over the marsh at Edisto. I would never have believed you could see so many in one place.

    I hope the picture of the week will soon feature the pics I did use for beer labels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pics! I didn't see nearly as many eagles as you the last time we were at Starved Rock.

    I bet they're all stylish with their lined nests. You're always thinking, I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent photo shop work!

    ReplyDelete