2/16/07

Great Show!


Paula's 2-plus-hour show was awesome! I love the way she just glides from topic to topic, and she did a lot of chatting with the audience, too, which was hilarious. These were the only two pictures I was able to take before the power-drunk usher guy bustled over with a stern reprimand. Jeeze, get a grip dude, it's a camera, not an uzi. They reminded people to turn off phones and stuff, but didn't say anything about cameras. I don't get the whole "no pictures" thing anyway, especially when Paula posed for lots of pics after the show. It's not like people were setting up tripods and strobe lights for cripesakes. But I digress... We laughed pretty much the entire two hours, even at stuff we had already heard.


Here's Paula signing Lenore's book. Lenore managed to get a number (11!) for the book signing before the show (even though she didn't technically buy her book there), and Paula wrote a nice note dedicating her next win on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me to Lenore. Lenore had pasted the picture of her and Paula from the Wait Wait taping into the book, which tipped Paula off that Lenore was a fan...or maybe a stalker. At any rate, I'm sure Paula totally remembered us, but didn't want to let on and make the other fans feel bad.



She liked her potholder and appreciated the "safety first" theme of our gift. I said we wanted to make her an afgan (since it was like 2 degrees out), but we didn't know how to knit. She graciously noted that she'd get more use out of a potholder.

Thanks again to the McDonald parental units for the tickets!

(There was a clingy "Paula's best friend" wannabe in this shot who would not move, so I photoshopped the bitch into oblivion.)

1 comment: