9/5/11

Harvest Update



I think my green pepper broke last year's record! Some of my friends have expressed garden envy, but really, people, 3 peppers and 2 stinkin' eggplants isn't really much to brag about.





Is there any vegetable that's prettier than an eggplant? No. I think not.



Basil and Swiss chard though...now that's another story. I borrowed mom's food processor and put a sizable dent in the basil field I've got growing behind the shed. Though all those many, many leaves only made about one cup of pesto. I left out the cheese so's I could freeze it for another day.

End-of-August nosegays:




Odie came home for labor day weekend and his b.day.


We of course had meatloaf in lieu of cake (but there was cheesecake...), and the two of us went on a nice bike ride. Here's a picture he took with his phone of me sitting on the South End Park bridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment