We were going to take both boats, but somehow I managed to lose one of the Boston valves from my kayak, so I couldn't pump it up. So we tested (exceeded) the weight limit in Beth's. Come to find out, we could have probably just walked out to the middle of the river and plunked down a couple of lawn chairs, cuz the water level was pretty low. New valve has since been ordered and received, so, barring any holes or other mishaps, I'm good to go.

It's been raining for 3 days straight now, so collecting nosegays has been difficult. Here are a couple from last weekend, plucked between the rain drops. The asters are getting the crap beat out of them by the rain, so I fear this may be it for the season.
I like this teeny tiny nosegay, which is in my little vase purchased at this year's hysterical society garage sale.
I totally missed the mid-summer display at Snuffy's Prairie this year, but the early autumn colors are nice too.
No comments:
Post a Comment