
81 years young and a great excuse to make this fabulous carrot cake. Delicious, if I do say so myself. Recipe available in the Pseudo Gourmet, BTW. You can make it healthier by substituting half the oil for 3/4 cup of drained, unsweetened applesauce. And use low-fat cream cheese for the frosting.

I was excited to find an organic, free-range egg connection (check out the blue-green egg!). This lady treats her "girls" right and agreed to deliver eggs to MCC as long as I ordered at least four dozen. I have about 12 people ordering already. But we're limited to 15 dozen, so it's now an exclusive club. Kind of like Fight Club, only without the fighting. This must be what it's like to deal crack...only without the scuzzy people and gunfire. Very exciting.

It's about 2 hours out from "the storm of the century" hitting IL. So I'm told. We're closing at 2:00 today, and I'm gearing up for a (hopefully) great snow day of reading and playing in the snow. Woot! As long as the power doesn't go out, I think I'm stocked and ready. AND I'll get to try out my new Xmas snowshoes. Double woot!
It's a little crazy, though, how much this storm is getting hyped. Is this something new, or was it like this during other blizzards? Seems a little excessive. But you know there will *still* be people trying to drive and getting stranded out there. I like to keep a bottle of booze in the car for occasions like that...
No comments:
Post a Comment