8/13/10

Random Documentation

More August nosegays with a random cherry tomato harvest thrown in for good measure. The orange flowers were a delightful surprise sprouting from two tiny sunflower plants that I got at the farmer's market for a buck. I'm so happy they grew up to be orange!



(I couldn't decide which light I liked better, so I posted both of them)



These are actually from the farmer's market, but I liked the way they look in this short vase.



I think I just may be sick of cherry tomatoes for now. Not quite sure.



In keeping with my role as a compulsive food documenter, I had to post these pics from a recent party at June's house (taken with Lenore's iPhone), because the spread was so good. We were celebrating the successful grand opening of one of the larger Open Space sites that was totally renovated from an old gravel pit to a gorgeous bird sanctuary.




This was my artistic plate.



Also, this is my contribution, which I thought looked pretty Martha worthy. June donated the mozzarella balls.



Then, as long as we're in documentation mode, I noticed I have Crocs to match just about all the new depot bags, so we captured a few fashionable combinations.





I like this picture that Lenore took after dropping me off in Algonquin to go kayaking. She ran out onto the bike bridge to capture my tiny boat floating on the might Fox.




Lenore also took this funny photo of all Dundee's ducks in a row when she was out for her morning walk. Lenore said they look like they're ready to start swim practice. She would know.



I'm not sure what's in store for this weekend, other than crockpotting (new verb) some bread, beets and who knows what else, and staying out of the heat. Lenore's going to a party, and I have to try and tame my garden, which has turned into a hot mosquito-infested mess. I ordered a mosquito head net thing, but it hasn't arrived yet, so that serves as a suitable excuse not to venture out into the yard just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment