10/23/09

Whirlwind Austin Tour


Austin came for an extended weekend visit that involved us dragging him to all of our usual haunts (the farmer's market, ReMarks, Pie Shop, Starbucks, etc.), and him dragging Lenore to just about every fabric store and antique shop in the Fox Valley. Seems like a fair trade to me, especially since I ended up with this ultra cool coffee pot, which I will use for tea.


We stopped by one of our favorite joints for lunch and to wish Renee a happy birthday. Nothing says it better than a Perky Potholder...well, aside from pie and maybe money. Here's Renee with her PP, working hard the day before her birthday.




Austin also took us out for Japanese food for my birthday (oh, yeah, it's my birthday month, too!), so I got my favorite Sushi-type dish, a DRAGON. Only this dragon had a face and everything, and I was so enthralled, I almost forgot to eat it. Regular readers know I'm all about documenting food, but this...how cute is a dragon head made of wasabi and caviar? I ask you.





I have no explanation for this photo.




In other completely unrelated news, I won a gold medal for being obsessive about working out in the fitness center at work. See, there's my name.



I work out with all the retirees in the morning, and, since I had knee surgery, I am totally in with them and the swapping of ailments. The other day the elliptical was making an awful creaking noise when I was trying to use it, and one of the guys made a comment about wearing out the machine, and I was all, "That's not the machine, that's my hip!" Imagine how hysterical I'll be when I'm 60.


1 comment:

  1. you say that like 60 SO old & SO far off... remember 60 is the new 40 and I can't wait to get there! :-)

    ReplyDelete