10/6/09

Facial Developments

Just added the following commercial to the Face Blog -- and still waiting for my royalty check, BTW.



Lenore has also submitted a number of new faces, so check 'em out!

It's been a slow news week at PP Headquarters. I was at a conference in Madison last week, then I got sick, so mostly I can report that watching Netflix movies on one's laptop while in bed with the cat is almost as good as penicillin. That and chicken dumpling soup from the pie shop that Lenore delivered. Who needs Tamiflu.

But speaking of conferences, I enjoyed this one, especially being in Madison and despite the cold weather. The opening keynote speaker was Michael Feldman (from Whadya Know), so I wanted to sit near the front. I spotted an open table with only two guys at it, so I dragged my co worker up there, only to discover it was Michael Felman's table. Oops. Well, we sat there anyway and chit chatted (he was very nice) about what was in the goody bags. I ended up giving him my cow pie and convincing my co worker that we should blow our Oscar Mayer wiener whistles (it was an odd goody bag) when Michael was introduced. We were the only two blowing our whistles, but I think he appreciated it.

I will say, as a result of attending said conference, that I am totally DONE applauding someone simply for showing up. Hey, I had to show up too, so let's hear the presentation first, THEN I'll decide if a round of applause is warranted. Also, don't expect accolades for winning a damn door prize -- I'm already bitter that I didn't win the stupid cheese basket, now you want me to clap for the guy who did? Ain't gonna happen. Sorry if that makes me a jackass, I'm still a little cranky from the germs.

I'm also cranky because the survey results show that my house (specifically my garage) is indeed below the new base flood elevation, which means, barring some flash of logic from FEMA, my property is going to require flood insurance. About 8 of us fell short, so our next step is to petition our congressman and state rep to look into the issue. I guess my biggest beef is that the huge premiums are not even close to being proportionate to the risk. Letters have been sent, we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. i like the edgy grumpy feel of this blog - makes me feel comfortable in my pissy mood. was your house covered when you had to uproot hoops due to a water issue in your basement - i remember a lot of bleach mentioned in a few blogs- but don't remember if it was flooding or another issue...

    ReplyDelete